Careers at VIFM
There are no positions vacant at VIFM at this time. Please check back here again soon.
Applicants are encouraged to speak to the contact person listed under each career opportunity if you are seeking further information about a position. For any general enquiries about working at VIFM, please contact one of our Human Resources & Organisational Development Consultants: Email: email@example.com Tel: +61 3 9684 4342 Fax: +61 3 9682 7353 Postal address: Human Resources and Organisational Development, Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine, 65 Kavanagh Street, Southbank, VIC 3006.
Working at VIFM
The Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine’s greatest and most valued asset is its highly skilled and committed workforce. VIFM offers a supportive and diverse culture where staff can learn and grow in a variety of specialist medical, scientific, technical, research and administrative fields.
VIDEO: VIFM Staff Induction by Ms Emily Orchard from the Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine.
Can I do work experience at VIFM?
Due to the nature of our business and the high degree of confidentiality required, VIFM does not offer work experience placements. Instead, we hold VIFM Careers Information Sessions twice a year during the school holidays for year 10, 11 and 12 students to visit the Institute and hear about the many different career opportunities in forensic medicine and science.
The next VIFM Careers Information Session will be held during the September school holidays. Further information and registration will be available early July.
Why Work at VIFM?
We aim to provide a work environment that fosters learning and development, health & well-being, fair treatment and the ability to balance work, life and family commitments. Employees have access to a range of benefits including:
- Employee Assistance Program
- Equal Opportunity Program
- Family friendly environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Health and well-being activities
- Induction Program
- Performance & Development Program
- Pre-natal/Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Recognition & Achievement Awards Program
- Social Club
- Study Assistance
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Our Culture and Values
The Institute’s Awards and Recognition Program acknowledges and celebrates outstanding work of individuals and teams. These awards are presented to staff who have demonstrated their commitment to the Institute’s core values:
- RESPECT – We respect all people, our history, our calling and the law.
- OPENNESS – We are open-minded. Open with each other and open to knowledge and learning.
- SERVICE – We provide services for the community, which are dedicated, responsive and client focused.
- INTEGRITY – We will be beyond reproach. We commit to truth, confidentiality, impartiality, and accountability. We commit to systems which are secure, reliable, accurate, valid and safe.
- INNOVATION – We are creative and curious. We are not afraid to do things differently. We will continue our search for knowledge and truth.
The Social Club
The Social Club was formed in July 2001 with the aim of facilitating social interaction between staff of the State Coroner’s Office and the Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine. It provides a lively and active schedule of events throughout the year to give our staff an opportunity to socialise with colleagues across all departments. Some examples of events organised by the Social Club include:
- Monthly Friday night drinks for staff, aka ‘Mingles’,
- Christmas Party, staff BBQ’s, Mid-Year Dinner,
- Discount tickets to theatre shows, and live music events,
- Golf days, winery tours and a shopping tours,
- Bake sales to raise money for various charities.